Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Custom Game Cartridges

I just got 2 custom 3D printed cartridges for Bag Boy!

I cannot remember if they were nylon or polyester but I had found the files on Thingiverse and wanted to check out their services for making some prototype carts to teat on actual hardware. I don't have anything like one of those SD card cartridges but I also liked the idea of having a different type of cartridge. I love seeing the different colors ony shelf from companies like Tigervision and thought this was too neat to pass up.

I may try to play around with these designs and make my own original cartridges with an imprint or special shape but for now these things are awesome. I chose the dark green color because of my favorote color and how it also relates to my game and real life employment.

It might need to be polished down, especially to make the labels adhere to the plastic. May try different materials in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Manatee Madness!

Stage work is coming along nicely, with the foundations laid down for the Rain, Snow, and Volcano stage. The Black Friday stage is proving ...