Friday, January 25, 2019

Movement!



I have been hard at work programming. Got some simple movement programmed for the player, customer, cart, and car.

While playing around with the code, I changed up a game play aspect involving the cart. In the previous standard kernel Bag Boy the player would basically intercept a cart before it hit the car. In this version the player grabs a cart and returns it to a customer walking in front of the grocery store.  Once delivered the cart re-spawns.

A couple issues I am having are that the car constantly spawns on the bottom aisle, the player has a hard time holding the cart, and when the cart touches the customer it can sometimes linger gaining extra points or bounce around, get loose, and head back to the car.

I had also shortened Bag Boy's legs by one line.  I had thought he was looking rather tall, especially when compared to the cars.  I am still looking to see if I can stretch out the cars a bit so they don't seem so disproportionately small but I kind of like the way they look. 

1 comment:

  1. I think I improved the issue with the cart getting away from the player by including a !collision(player0,player1) line. The cart still requires the player to keep moving but it is an improvement. I may include something to utilize the fire button...

    ReplyDelete

Manatee Madness!

Stage work is coming along nicely, with the foundations laid down for the Rain, Snow, and Volcano stage. The Black Friday stage is proving ...