Thursday, December 12, 2019

Let it Snow...

It has been a few months since the last update. A change in commute has eaten up much of my programming time and my time to type during the day has been iffy at best. I finally had a vacation to tackle some of my game issues. While this was not the reason for my vacation, I decided I would work on my game. Unfortunately life got in the way of significant progress but I did make one development - the playfield for the other stage or wave of carts.

Previously I had just a rain stage and was hung up on just how exactly the levels would progress. I somewhat settled using number of carts. Now I made the snow stage. The logic for the stages will come later as I determine difficulty but my plans are to alter movement and the lack of visible parking spaces make judging distance a little more difficult.

I am considering a couple other playfields, including a volcano stage. These scenarios are based out of an emergency guide I had seen when working at Albertsons years ago.

If the transitions of stages works well enough I may make some bonus stages. Right now I am in the beginning phases. I decided to place the playfield change code in bank 3 and I currently have plenty of space. I still have much more to implement but it is nice to progress a little.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Manatee Madness!

Stage work is coming along nicely, with the foundations laid down for the Rain, Snow, and Volcano stage. The Black Friday stage is proving ...