Monday, June 24, 2019

Still on Lightning!

With every little moment I inch towards completion of one task.  Today I have gotten the collision between Bag Boy and the lightning closer to being done. Now, when collision is detected the Bag Boy sprite cycles through an electrocution shock graphic.  To save space with variables I tied the graphics to the manager and customer movement variable since they are always walking.  This way once shocked the code just reads the new information for the Bag Boy sprite.  

I had dealt with an over cycle issue at first but I believe that was a result of some old "god mode" code so the playfield kept redrawing whenever the score hit a certain number and/or the cart counter hit a certain number.  this caused a lot of subroutines to be jumping back and forth.  As soon as I eliminated the old code I did not see any more over cycling.  

The next step would be to work on the player "death" code.  Currently he respawns at the entrance immediately.  When hit by a car I wanted to change the graphic to Bag Boy fall down and as with the lightning, I want Bag Boy to remain at the last place he was until the button is hit.  I had found a delay would be good because immediately re-spawning can cause the player to repeatedly run into the same obstacle and lose all their lives in an instance.  I may still let the time go so the loss of life also acts as a penalty and encourages the player to restart instead of waiting it out for when it is advantageous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Manatee Madness!

Stage work is coming along nicely, with the foundations laid down for the Rain, Snow, and Volcano stage. The Black Friday stage is proving ...