Saturday, March 16, 2019

Fixed Collision Code

I had a lot of unnecessary or wrong code in my program from when I first learned it. I had collision statements between player1 and the virtual sprites. I simplified things immensely by consolidating like code and deleting the offending statements.

Overall I freed up about 700 bytes in the last few edits. This definitely helps. As I work on the rain stage (I just made the umbrella and am working on how it is initiated) I will hammer out the details on the remaining power-ups, mainly the energy drink. 

As for difficulty progression, the big thing I need to figure out is best way to collide with NUSIZ copies, how to incrementally increase speed the best way, and when to start changes.

If I figure out the rain stage easily, I will maybe do a snow stage too... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Manatee Madness!

Stage work is coming along nicely, with the foundations laid down for the Rain, Snow, and Volcano stage. The Black Friday stage is proving ...