Monday, March 11, 2019

Rain and Lightning

I was having trouble creating rain using either the ball or missile sprites as they would take on the color of the virtual sprites as they crossed y-coordinates but I had considered using another virtual Sprite for lightning. Player8 will be used and will flash when the playfield flashes. The lightning stays at the top of the screen but randomly appears on the x-axis and disappears.

I am not sure of the consequences but this would act as a deterrent for lingering around the top while cars pass. I had also played around with mirroring some of the car sprites and will stagger some of the duplication at different difficulty intervals.

This is something rather simple. The hard part I have been dealing with was music and Titlescreens. I had tried adding some sound effects to the lightning and could only manage a simple noise.  I was wanting to play a little series of notes whenever hit by a car to give the player some time while the car passes to prevent rapid life losses. I also want a transition screen for rain so that it doesn't immediately change colors and flash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Manatee Madness!

Stage work is coming along nicely, with the foundations laid down for the Rain, Snow, and Volcano stage. The Black Friday stage is proving ...